December blog post

 December service hours: 0

Total service hours: 42

As the semester comes to a close, I cannot help but reminisce about how these past couple months have truly flown by. My experience since moving down here has been different from what I anticipated and has challenged me in more ways than one. 

I have been challenged in the classroom with tough material. To meet this challenge I have had to modify and hone my study habits, spending time every day to review material in order to gain a better understanding. This resulted in significant growth in my time management and prioritization skills which has served me well during challenging tests. Similarly, I came into this semester with a goal of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. As we got deeper into the semester, it became harder to cut out time for myself, but I eventually found my groove. 

Returning from Thanksgiving break, there was only about two weeks left of class and one more module to get through, which largely focused on cancer pharmacology. With it being such a prominent disease in general, and especially my own life, the topics we covered were relevant and intriguing. 

Outside the classroom, I had another opportunity to meet people in the program at another BMSSA social hour, and after attended a Hanukkah party where I tried latkes for the first time. 

With the semester over now, I am looking forward to relaxing and recharging over holiday break. I write this blog post from a surfboard packed van en route to hopefully some fun waves off the Costa Rican coast. Looking forward to what the spring semester brings and fresh challenges to tackle.


Jared

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Blog

Introduction, About Me

January Blog